Alessandro Gassmann he is one of the most loved, appreciated and well-known actors of the Italian cinema scene. Son of art and with a name, in some ways cumbersome, he showed his personal talent, establishing himself as an artist with a capital A. Let’s get to know him better.
Read also: Vittorio Gassman: cause of death, biography, movies, wife, children, depression, age when he died
Who is Alessandro Gassmann?
Alessandro Gassmann is one of the most loved, appreciated, known and requested actors in the entertainment world, not only in Italy but also internationally. Son of art and with a name, in some ways cumbersome, he showed his personal talent, establishing himself as an artist with a capital A.
Growing up breathing film sets and direct films for the success of the big screen, Alessandro soon proves that he is up to the great Vittorio Gassman, his father and the French actress Juliette Mayniel, his mother. It passes with an extraordinary stage ownership from dramatic roles to brilliant ones, touching irony and comedy with increasing success, both in the cinema and on television.
Among his latest works on TV, a confirmation of his extraordinary interpretative skills is I bastardi di Pizzofalcone, the Rai 1 fiction, now in its third season, where he plays the role of Giuseppe Lojacono, the new inspector who arrived in Pizzofalcone with a life in pieces to be recovered and a daughter who was removed from him for legal events of which he was unjustly accused.
Alessandro Gassmann is 56 years old: he was born in Rome on February 24, 1965, under the zodiac sign of Pisces.
He has been married since 1998 to actress Sabrina Knaflitz, with whom in the same year he had a son, Leo, a singer-songwriter.
Leo Gassmann is his only child, born from the marriage with his wife Sabrina. Established singer-songwriter, he managed to establish himself in the world of Italian music thanks to his talent. The son participated in the twelfth edition of X-Factor, reaching the semifinal of the program, he also won the 70th edition of the Sanremo Festival in the New Proposals category.
Juliette Mayniel is the mother of Alessandro Gassmann. The French actress was an important companion for Vittorio Gassman, never married, even though she gave him a son.
Alessandro Gassmann’s disease
The actor has often confessed to having suffered from panic attacks and having overcome them thanks to the analysis:
I had the first one in the theater. Now they have passed, at first thanks to the drugs, then with the analysis, the most important gift given to myself. I’ve learned that I don’t have to be the one to solve all the world’s problems. Before, it seemed inappropriate to me to ask for favors, now I have learned to rely on close people. I have little fears left. That of dogs, because as a boy I saw one bite a woman, and the fear of swimming where I don’t see the bottom, but then I swim anyway.
Film by Alessandro Gassmann
From the debut with the autobiographical film From father to son (1982), written, directed and performed jointly with his father Vittorio Gassman, Alessandro’s career has undoubtedly taken a straight and beautiful turn towards absolute success. Here is his filmography:
- Windsurfing – The wind in your hands, directed by Claudio Risi (1984) (as Alessandro Bellacanzone);
- The nun of Monza, directed by Luciano Odorisio (1987);
- The usual unknowns twenty years later, directed by Amanzio Todini (1987);
- When we were repressed, directed by Pino Quartullo (1992);
- Stubborn fate, directed by Gianfranco Albano (1992);
- Golden eggs (Huevos de oro), directed by Bigas Luna (1993);
Towards cinematic success
- A Month by the Lake, directed by John Irvin (1995);
- Men without women, directed by Angelo Longoni (1996);
- Could you do me a favour, directed by Giancarlo Scarchilli (1996);
- Let’s have a fiesta, directed by Angelo Longoni (1997);
- Lovest, directed by Giulio Base (1997);
- Nobody excluded, directed by Massimo Spano (1997);
Great international titles
- The Turkish bath (Hamam), directed by Ferzan Özpetek (1997);
- My dearest friends, directed by Alessandro Benvenuti (1998);
- Toni, directed by Philomène Esposito (1999);
- The bomb, directed by Giulio Base (1999);
- Coconut heads, directed by Ugo Fabrizio Giordani (2000);
- God’s bankers – The Calvi case, directed by Giuseppe Ferrara (2002);
- Guardians of the clouds, directed by Luciano Odorisio (2004);
- The break up, directed by Mariano Provenzano (2005);
- Transporter: Extreme (Transporter 2), directed by Louis Leterrier (2005);
- Don’t make commitments tonight, directed by Gianluca Maria Tavarelli (2006);
- Calm chaos, directed by Antonello Grimaldi (2008);
- The seed of discord, directed by Pappi Corsicato (2008);
- 4 single fathers, directed by Paolo Monico (2009);
- Former, directed by Fausto Brizzi (2009);
- Birthday, directed by Marco Filiberti (2009);
- Christmas in Beverly Hills, directed by Neri Parenti (2009);
- Basilicata coast to coast, directed by Rocco Papaleo (2010);
- The father and the stranger, directed by Ricky Tognazzi (2010)
- The woman of my life, directed by Luca Lucini (2010);
- American Snow, directed by Romeo Antonio (2011);
- Kissed by luck, directed by Paolo Costella (2011);
- Ex – Friends as before!, directed by Carlo Vanzina (2011);
- Long live Italy, directed by Massimiliano Bruno (2012);
- Razzabastarda, directed by Alessandro Gassmann (2013);
High school film
- All Freud’s fault, directed by Paolo Genovese (2014);
- Our boys, directed by Ivano De Matteo (2014);
- The name of the son, directed by Francesca Archibugi (2015);
- If God want, directed by Edoardo Falcone (2015);
- The last will be last, directed by Massimiliano Bruno (2015);
- Torn – Torn, directed by Alessandro Gassmann (2015);
- Wave upon wave, directed by Rocco Papaleo (2016);
- There is no more religion, directed by Luca Miniero (2016);
- Cinderella cat, directed by Alessandro Rak, Ivan Cappiello, Marino Guarnieri and Dario Sansone (2017) – vocals;
- Blissful ignorance, directed by Massimiliano Bruno (2017);
- The prize, directed by Alessandro Gassmann (2017);
- A story without a name, directed by Roberto Andò (2018);
- We just have to crime, directed by Massimiliano Bruno (2019);
- Cross and delight, directed by Simone Godano (2019);
- My brother chases dinosaurs, directed by Stefano Cipani (2019);
- Don’t hate, directed by Mauro Mancini (2020).
Height, weight and teeth by Alessandro Gassmann
Alexander’s strong-willed jaw has often been talked about, at times focusing on the teeth. It is true that the teeth of the lower arch are a bit crooked, but they are very white and she has a dazzling smile, judged by many to be perfectly sexy. His dark complexion, a true representative of Mediterranean beauty, an intense gaze and the height of 1 meter and 85 centimeters that certainly did not go unnoticed, even after passing half a century of age, complete the whole.
Alessandro Gassmann is currently the protagonist of the Rai fiction A professor, in which he plays the role of Dante. At his side, Claudia Pandolfi, Francesca Cavallin, Paolo Conticini, Christiane Filangieri and Nicolas Maupas.
Curiosities about Alessandro Gassmann
Let’s discover three curiosities about the actor:
- in 1999 he was the testimonial of Yves Saint Laurent for the perfume advertising campaign Opium; experience repeated in 2011 with Salvatore Ferragamo, enchanted by his charm and his innate elegance, who wanted him as the face of men’s fragrance, Moment pour Homme;
- he changed his surname by adding the original N to recover the family history; the consonant had been removed by the grandparents because they were Jews;
- passionate about sports, he practiced basketball as a young man.
The charming Alessandro Gassmann keeps his privacy super armored and does not have an Instagram profile, even if there are several present fan page dedicated to him.
If you don’t want to miss any news on this topic and more, you can follow Digital Global Times by clicking HERE.
Visit site for more useful and informative articles!