Who is Sara Gama Footballer: Biography, Team and Salary of the National Team Captain
Sara Gama she is the captain of the women’s national football team and a Juventus Woman player. She plays in the role of defender and has always fought to bring women’s football to the general public and for discrimination against homosexuality and for the recognition of the Ius Soli.
Who is Sara Gama?
- First name: Sara Gama
- Age: 31 years old
- Date of birth: March 27, 1989
- Birth place: Trieste, Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Zodiac sign: Aries
- Profession: Footballer and captain of the women’s national football team
- Role: Defender
- Height : 168 cm
- Weight : About 58 kg
- Tattoos : unavailable
- Official Instagram : @saragama_ita
- Follow us on our official Instagram profile : @ chiecosa.it
Sara Gama was born in 1989 and is from Congolese origins from the father while the mother is originally from Trieste. Interest in football has no family inheritance – the girl develops independently this passion and immediately shows herself to be very talented and talented. Sara did not neglect her studies and graduated in Foreign Languages and Literature at the University of Udine with a specialization in English and Spanish. Sara was also chosen by Mattel for a series of dolls that paid homage to female personalities in history: she is one of the 17 dolls representing influential women who have fought against prejudice and for women’s rights.
Sara Gama is very active on social media where she publishes shots relating to her career as a soccer player for both Juventus and the National team where she wears the captain’s armband. Her Instagram profile is followed by 155 thousand followers!
Sara Gama began her career as a soccer player playing in the Zaule youth team and later in the San Marco di Villaggio del Pescatore team. He made his debut among the professionals with the Tavagnacco team, collecting 52 appearances. Despite being a defender he also scores 4 goals. He comes third in the Serie A championship in the 2009 season, starting to be in the spotlight for his skill and his determined character.
In 2011 she suffered a major injury that kept her away from the pitch for almost the whole season: she managed to collect only 7 appearances out of 25 games. In the following years he moved first to Brescia and then to the Parisian team of the Paris Saint German women’s section and played in the Division 1 Feminine.
In 2015 he returned to the Brescia team playing the Champions League in the 2015-2016 season.
In the following year he moved to his current team, the Juventus Woman of which he became captain. With this team he won two league titles and an Italian couple. Sara has already been in the national team since under 19: the leap into the senior national team is almost natural and soon she also becomes captain.
In July 2012 he accepted the proposal from Brescia with which he remains for the 2012-2013 season. On 18 August 2013 he signs a contract with the Paris Saint-Germain, women’s section of the Paris Saint-Germain Football Club, in the Division 1 Féminine, which is the highest level of the French women’s football championship. Here too Sara finds herself able to play only the first games in the league until another injury takes her, forcing her to stay out of the squad. In 2015 he returned to Brescia, remaining with the team until the match against Liverpool, in the first leg of the round of 32 of the UEFA Women’s Champions League 2015-2016.
His palmares boasts 3 Scudetti, 2 Italian Cups, and 2 Italian Super Cups. In the Season 2020 – 2021 continues to play with Juventus Woman and on 9 May 2021 wins the 7th Scudetto with three days in advance, this is the 4th consecutive title.
Sara Gama has often been a guest on TV shows like Propaganda Live on La7 where she talked about Ius Soli saying:
Isn’t it time to talk about Ius Soli? This is a very inflated phrase. Now there is the pandemic which is a huge problem but I struggle to find a time when there are no problems. There is always a problem to postpone the discussion on rights, whether it is the Ius Soli or the professionalism of Italian sportsmen and women because we are talking about better regulating the sports sector which is important for our country, giving protections to male athletes. and high-level females
Sara Gama joined the campaign against prejudice #I am different of Cartoon Network becoming a cartoon, and said:
Diversity is a value. Diversity and originality are fundamental ingredients to emerge and to make one’s life a unique story. As it happened to me. Little girls can dream of becoming professionals. We are not the pioneers of football, other women have been before us, but we represent the turning point. Each generation has to leave something behind. We do our part. When you become a cartoon you understand that you can leave your mark …
Sara Gama’s salary is what it can be paid at the most by the Italian law for female footballers. It is in fact an activity, that of women’s football, which is not considered as a professional activity. Therefore, the maximum salary that can be received is approximately 30 thousand euros gross per year plus a reimbursement of expenses of up to 61 euros per day for five days a week. In the athletic training phase, the reimbursement drops to 45 euros. The women’s players’ contract is also renewed every 12 months and if this does not happen they have no contribution paid. As you can see, the disparity between men’s and women’s football is huge.
Team and Jersey Number
Sara Gama plays in Juventus Woman with number 3. She plays as a defender and is also the captain of the Italian national team. His charisma was always there for all to see and in fact he conquered the role of captain able to lead not only the defense but also the team with determination.
Sara Gama Girlfriend
Sara Gama has always declared herself homosexual and has always fought for the rights of women and homosexuals. We do not know if she is engaged and with whom because on Instagram Sara does not like sharing moments of her private life off the pitch.
- He loves to eat meats and cheeses as an offshoot from his diet
- He loves TV series and often watches them in his spare time
- He loves books but in paper version, in fact he never reads ebooks
- He is able to speak three languages thanks to his university studies
- She has often been a guest on television broadcasts such as Live propaganda And What’s the weather like where he spoke of his civil commitment for the recognition of the Ius Soli
- It became a cartoon for an animated film on Cartoon Network by joining the campaign against prejudice #I am different by Cartoon Network
- He is part of the talented emerging sportsmen such as Jannik Sinner, Filippo Tortu and Paola Egonu
Women’s national football team
The National Women’s football team has been very successful with participation in the World Cup of France 2019 passing the group stage. The next international engagement is the 2021 European Championships in England while from September 2021 it has been involved in qualifying for the 2023 World Cup in Group G where they meet against Moldova and the Croatia, respectively on Friday 17 September at the ‘Nereo Rocco’ stadium in Trieste and Tuesday 21 September in Karlovac (5.30 pm). Besides Sara Gama the other holders in the blue jersey are:
- Laura Giuliani: Juventus, goalkeeper
- Chiara Marchitelli: Florentia, goalkeeper
- Rosalia Pipitone: As Roma, goalkeeper
- Elisa Bartoli: As Roma, defender
- Lisa Boattin: Juventus, defender
- Laura Fusetti: Milan, defender
- Alia Guagni: Fiorentina Women’s, defender
- Elena Linari: Atletico Madrid, defender
- Linda Cimini Tucceri: Milan, defender
- Valentina Bergamaschi: Milan, midfielder
- Barbara Bonansea: Juventus, midfielder
- Valentina Cernoia: Juventus, midfielder
- Aurora Galli: Juventus, midfielder
- Manuela Giugliano: Milan, midfielder
- Alice Parisi: Fiorentina Women’s, midfielder
- Martina Rosucci: Juventus, midfielder
- Annamaria Serturini: As Roma, midfielder
- Cristiana Girelli: Juventus, striker
- Valentina Giacinti: Milan, striker
- Ilaria Mauro: Fiorentina Women’s, forward
- Daniela Sabatino: Milan, striker
- Stefania Tarenzi: ChievoVerona, forward
- Arianna Caruso: Juventus, midfielder
- Agnese Bonfantini: AS Roma, forward
Sara Gama video
Article by Stefania Sal
Tag #National Women’s Italian Football
Visit site for more useful and informative articles!