Globalisation has sped up the process of almost every task in the technological industry. Additional human resources are needed to be in pace with all these improvements.
For most companies, in-person employees now lack to do all the projects they have in hand. To complete these tasks, they hire additional staff on a contractual basis to meet the demand at a specific time. The process can benefit both the company and the engaged team players.
This procedure is called outsourcing. Let us define what it is.
What is outsourcing?
What is outsourcing? Outsourcing refers to hiring a third-party agency or contractor to perform specific tasks for your business without disrupting the everyday functions of your business. If you are a software development company or in some way related to IT projects, outsourcing may be better, if not the best option for you.
How does it work? There are three categories of outsourcing, and it has something to do with the location of the contractor – offshore, nearshore, and inshore. It works most effectively depending on the services needed by your company.
For example, hiring offshore staff might be best if you provide services round the clock. Your main office shall cater to your local clients while the third-party contractor will work when you are out of the office resulting in a 24/7 run of the business.
Benefits of Outsourcing for Software Development Projects
Software development projects may take many forms. And here are five justifications why you should outsource.
- Outsourcing offshore may cut your costs, especially if you hire from countries with lower prices. The company can allocate these savings to several functions of the business. Software developers from the Philippines can provide similar quality output at a lower cost. Of course, all companies will cut their expenditures if it brings more benefits.
- Working with outsourced software developers will help you prioritise your core functions as a business. Several companies lack staff that works on software development projects. Team players must do these projects with excellent knowledge in programming, UI/UX designs, and several skillsets. Since you have outsourced talents or developers, you can focus on the core functions of your business.
- Working with outsourced developers will expose you to the latest technology available. You will be engaged in the newest generation of technology. Since most developers work offshore, you have to communicate through video conferencing tools (which you may have done already). You might need to learn about Skype, Slacks, Zoom, Trello, and other communication and task organising tools. Learning these tools will also help you strategise and explore different possibilities for running your business.
- If your products and services need to be online, potential clients need to see them active any time of the day – you need to hire dedicated talents. Therefore, having software or program that allows your clients to check them will need to outsource talents that can do the work for you – hire dedicated developers or talents from different time zones.
- Lastly, save on infrastructure and technology. Instead of expanding and constructing additional spaces to cater for workers, you might only need to sit comfortably in your chair. Business process outsourcing is simply having the other party work on your business without the need for additional rooms or computers to set up. Simply, they work independently, and you get what you need.
Indeed, there are significant reasons and benefits why outsourcing your software development projects might be a better option, if not the best, for your business. Before diving into the BPO industry, there are some considerations you need to keep in mind.
- Always check the background of the third-party client. Since you need quality service, there is nothing wrong with conducting background checks or reading feedback from their former clients.
- Evaluate the results objectively. Be critical yet mindful that the outsourced developers are not in the same line of business as yours. Therefore, give clear instructions to receive quality results.
To sum up, the idea of business process outsourcing will surely aid you not just today but for future purposes. You can undoubtedly have great benefits if you opt to outsource as one way to run your business.