Stimulant Vs. Non-Stimulant Workout Supplement: Which Is Best?
There are so many pre-workouts in the market. That can make it hard to determine the best between a stimulant and stimulant-free pre-workout. To make the right decisions, you have to understand how the two compare and their pros and cons.
What Are Stimulant Pre Workouts?
These are pre-workouts that have stimulants, and they come in different doses. Some of those stimulants include a de-caffeine mallet, caffeine, theobromine, yohimbine, tacrine, etc. they help increase your alertness, energy levels, exercise performance, cognitive abilities, and stamina.
In addition to the stimulants, most stimulant pre-workouts contain ingredients like;
- Beta-alanine, which helps in muscle endurance and delays the effect of lactic acid to ensure you keep going for longer.
- Creatine to increase your workload capabilities, increase ATP, and enhance recovery.
- Vasodilators such as Nitrosigine, which increase blood flow and oxygen to your muscles.
What Are Non-Stimulant Pre Workouts?
These pre-workouts give you increased blood flow, endurance, oxygen utilization, focus, and energy without using stimulants. Depending on the formula of the pre-workout, they come with different ingredients that have different effects.
The main ingredient that a lot of these pre-workouts contain is vasodilators, which help deliver more blood, oxygen, and nutrients to your muscles. This helps in increased oxygen utilization, stamina, muscular recovery, endurance, nutrient absorption, and energy levels.
- Additional ingredients in stimulant-free pre-workouts include;
- Beta-alanine, which delays the inception of lactic acid and increases your muscle endurance.
- Creatine for increasing ATP, cell volumization, and increasing your overall workload capabilities.
- Nootropics enhance your focus, concentration, and alertness.
- Betaine, which increases your strength and power, delays muscle fatigue and speeds up muscle growth.
Who Needs Stimulant Pre Workouts?
These pre-workouts are perfect if you want the surge of energy from the stimulants or struggle with poor focus, fatigue, or low energy levels.
Because of the energy surges, they are perfect for people who love working out in the morning. Taking them in the morning also ensures that the stimulant wears off before you go to sleep. If you are a fast caffeine metabolizer, they are also perfect for you.
Stimulant pre-workouts, especially those with caffeine, will help you lose weight faster because of the metabolism-boosting and fat-burning properties. That makes these pre-workouts perfect if you are working out to lose weight.
Who Needs Non-Stimulant Pre Workouts?
These are perfect if you want to build more muscle but avoid the side effects of stimulants like headaches, nausea, dizziness, and anxiety. They are also perfect if you love working out at night or the afternoon, are a slow caffeine metabolizer, or are pregnant/breastfeeding.
What To Look For When Shopping For Pre Workouts?
Whether you want a stimulant or non-stimulant pre-workout, some of the things to look for include;
- Product testing- This ensures that all ingredients are safe and meet quality standards.
- Carbs and calories- If you are working out to lose weight, ensure that they are calorie and carb-free.
- Customer reviews- Look at what customers say and if it delivered what it said it would deliver.
Some people buy both stimulant and non-stimulant pre-workouts, then mix them, which helps reduce the side effects of caffeine, increases the product’s lifespan, and gives better energy pumps.
According to Legion Athletics, the best stimulant-free pre-workout is the Pulse Caffeine Free Pre-Workout, which is 100% natural and helps increase stamina, strength, and focus.
Visit the rest of the site for more articles.