What are residential proxies and what are their pros and cons
The activity of any user and arbitrator is tracked by Internet resources. All traces left on the network are tied to a personal IP, so all actions are easily noted by security services and anti-bot systems. To remain anonymous and access blocked sites, you need rotating residential proxies with unlimited bandwidth. Let’s consider in more detail what kind of proxy it is, and what are their pros and cons.
What is a proxy and how does it work
A proxy server is used to provide anonymity, and protection against surveillance, and network attacks. A proxy is a special device, such as a computer, laptop, or router, that serves as an intermediary between the user’s personal device and a local or global network. The proxy device masks the user’s primary IP address. As a result, the local or global network sees that it includes someone with an IP address assigned by a proxy server. If the user is not connecting through a proxy, the network sees that user’s personal IP assigned by their ISP.
The IP address makes it possible to recognize from which country the online activity is conducted. Thus, using a proxy, you can disguise yourself as a resident of any geo and access online resources of this country that are prohibited in other geos.
What are the types of proxies, and how to choose
There are several types of proxies:
Also, proxy, depending on the tasks performed, differ in protocols, transparency, and anonymity, and can be paid and free, public and private.
Which type to choose depends on your needs. So, if you need to quickly perform operations, mask the IP address, and do not need a high level of anonymity, then inexpensive server proxies are optimal. If you need to avoid all types of blocking, and collect data, you need a wide selection of geos, then residential proxies are suitable. Free proxies and VPNs have a number of disadvantages, and it is not recommended to use them for arbitration.
Firstly, they are quickly calculated and blocked, they become invalid after a few days of use. Secondly, when you use a free VPN, most often the payment comes through barter. This means that another user is also using your IP address for free. Security is not always respected here, because this other user can do anything on the Internet and search for anything. Buying a paid proxy from a reliable provider guarantees that you will use a leased IP address, which was acquired legally and under a contract.
Why residential proxies are better than datacenter ones
When an affiliate uses server proxies, an IP address is given to him by a cloud service provider – a server of the data processing center. This address can be any country. It is not associated with your home internet provider. Datacenter proxies are easy to use and have a high-speed and stable connection. But they have a significant drawback. Many sites prohibit access to themselves from datacenter IPs because in this way they want to protect themselves from bots and cyber criminals.
The level of trust in datacenter proxies is low. Some services, such as Facebook and Google, have blacklists of IP addresses, including many datacenter proxies. If you have registered many accounts and used datacenter proxies of the same subnet for all of them, all accounts will be banned at once. After all, the IP addresses of the same subnet are on the same server, and this server is blacklisted.
Residential proxies are IP addresses issued by a real Internet provider – ISP – from a particular city, region, or state. Home internet is delivered via broadband, local DSL, or fiber. When connecting to the Internet, the homeowner receives a unique IP, which is noted in the databases of regional Internet registers – RIR. Homeowners voluntarily provide other users with their devices as a proxy server. When used correctly, requests from such IPs are indistinguishable from requests from a real person. The personal IP address of the affiliate is masked by the IP address of another live user.
Pros and cons of residential proxies
Benefits of residential proxies:
- IP addresses are issued by home internet providers. Due to this, the probability of their blacklisting and blocking is extremely small. After all, if an online resource blocks IP, then real users will suffer, which will affect the reputation and business of the site.
- You can visit sites that do not accept visits from server IPs. For this reason, residential proxies are better than datacenter proxies.
- IP addresses can be issued dynamically, and constantly changing.
- Residential proxies are well suited for solving data collection and analysis tasks since they bypass any blocking well.
Disadvantages of residential proxies:
- Slow operating speed.
- Residential proxies are more expensive than datacenter proxies – they need more budget.
What are residential proxies for?
Residential proxies are actively used by affiliates when they work with gray offers, various geos, and traffic sources closed due to sanctions.
The most common purposes of using a proxy:
- Bypass blocking by geodata. There are sites where users from a specific country are not allowed. To get to such sites, you need to set up a proxy for another geo.
- Bypass restrictions and restrictions. For example, using a proxy, you can use services where there are restrictions on the number of requests, and downloads per unit of time.
- Hidden search for information, parsing. A proxy will help you stay anonymous when you need to “spy” on a competitor, or visit his pages and websites. If a competitor sees that someone is constantly coming from the same IP, he may not like it and will block such a visitor.
- Checking the availability of sites, and advertising. Using a proxy, you can check the availability of placed ads and creatives in other geos. It is possible to see how ads are displayed in another country.
- Content aggregation. For example, a webmaster has a personal website where he collects organic traffic. To keep content up to date, such as collecting fresh price reviews, and making comparisons, you need a bot that will visit the right pages and take this data. To run such a bot, you will need to configure a proxy.
Residential proxies perform time-consuming tasks to ensure anonymity, bypass blocking and save time. Residential proxies are better than server proxies because they reduce the likelihood of being blacklisted and improve privacy.
If you want to purchase rotating residential proxies with unlimited bandwidth, then PrivateProxy.me with 12 years of experience will help you complete this task. The company offers 6 plans at an affordable cost that will allow each client to meet their personal business needs.