Boob job also referred to as breast enlargement or breast augmentation, is a surgical procedure to increase the size of your breasts, change their shape, or make them more even.
WHY DO YOU NEED BREAST IMPLANTS?
Before going into breast augmentation surgery, take a while to think about why you need this surgery. People have different reasons. The main reasons to undergo breast enlargement surgery are:
– One main reason is to improve the appearance of small or uneven breasts.
– Another main reason is to fill breast emptied after significant weight loss.
– This procedure, if successful, can help you elevate your self-confidence.
– People may also go for a boob job after breast surgery for other reasons in order to improve their aesthetic look.
These are a few reasons why most people undergo breast implant surgery. Consider your reason, set your goals, and discuss them with your surgeon. Your plastic surgeon should clearly understand your needs and expectations to provide you with what you want.
TYPES OF BREAST IMPLANTS
There are two types of breast implants mainly used for breast enlargement:
Silicone implant consists of a silicone shell filled with silicone gel.
Saline implants contain a silicone shell filled with salt water (saline)
WHICH IMPLANT SHOULD YOU CHOOSE?
The choice of a silicone or a saline implant largely depends on your needs and goals. Most women who have undergone breast enlargement claim that silicone implants feel more like real breasts than a saline implant, but there is more risk associated with silicone implants if they leak.
The other factor which affects your choice for an implant is the cost of the implant. Silicone implants are more expensive, while saline implants are usually cost effective.
THE PROCEDURE OF BREAST ENLARGEMENT SURGERY
Breast augmentation or enlargement surgery takes 60-90 minutes.
Your surgeon will make an incision below the breast.
He will then position the implant in place.
Finally the surgeon will stitch the suture and will cover it with a dressing.
The recovery period for breast implant surgery is a few weeks.
You should walk and move after the surgery.
You may not drive for one week after the surgery.
You may need to take off from work for a few weeks.
COMPLICATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH BREAST ENLARGEMENT SURGERY
Breast enlargement surgery is not risk-free. The complications associated with breast augmentation surgery are:
– An implant can rupture, causing small lumps called Siliconomas detectable on a mammogram.
– Scarring can occur, which can distort the shape of the breast.
– Infection can occur.
– Implant rotation can occur.
– Nipple and breast sensation can change.
CHOOSING A SURGEON
As mentioned in Credihealth Blog: “Barcelona is becoming one of the top cosmopolitan cities in the world, attracting people globally. This gives rise to the need for quality medical treatment and cosmetic procedures.”
While choosing a surgeon, keep the following points in mind:
– Always check the surgeon’s qualifications and experience.
– Ask your surgeon for complete information on how this breast implant surgery will affect your general health.
CHOOSING A HOSPITAL
Go for a hospital that possesses the latest technology and it is highly accredited.
Always choose a hospital where breast implant surgery or breast augmentation surgery is a specialty.