Are you planning a trip from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur (KL)? One of the most convenient and cost-effective ways to travel between these two cities is by bus. With various bus operators and departure points, getting from Singapore to KL by bus is easy and stress-free. In this guide, we’ll take you through booking a bus from Singapore to KL, including information on departure points, arrival points, and bus ticket prices. Also, we’ll walk you through the steps of booking a bus ticket online and provide tips for a smooth journey.
Research Bus Companies
Before booking a bus ticket, it’s important to research the bus companies operating between Singapore and KL. Transtar Travel is a popular and commonly chosen option. When researching bus companies, consider factors such as the type of bus, departure times, ticket prices, and reviews of other travellers.
Booking Bus Tickets Online
The first step in planning your bus trip from Singapore to KL is to book your tickets. One of the most convenient ways to do this is by booking bus tickets online.
- Here you can compare prices and schedules from different bus operators and book your tickets in advance.
- When booking bus ticket online, you must provide your personal information, including your name, contact details, and passport number (if you are a foreign national). You will also need to choose your departure and arrival points and your preferred departure time.
- Once you have booked your bus tickets online, you will receive a confirmation mail with your booking details. You will also be given a booking reference number, which you can use to check your booking status or make changes (like reschedule or cancel) to your itinerary.
There are several departure points for buses from Singapore to KL, depending on your chosen bus operator. Some of the most popular departure points include:
- Golden Mile Complex: This is a popular departure point for buses to KL, and it is located in the heart of Singapore’s Little India.
- Lavender MRT Station: Another popular departure point, the Lavender MRT Station, is located in the city centre and is easy to reach by public transport.
- Boon Lay Bus Interchange: This departure point is located west of Singapore and is a popular choice for those staying in the Jurong area.
- Queen Street Bus Terminal: This departure point is located in the heart of Singapore’s cultural district and is a popular choice for those staying in the Kampong Glam area.
There are several arrival points for buses from Singapore to KL, depending on your chosen bus operator. Some of the most popular arrival points include:
- Puduraya Bus Terminal: The main bus terminal in Kuala Lumpur is located in the city centre.
- KL Sentral: This is the main transportation hub in KL, and it’s also a popular arrival point for buses from Singapore.
- Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS): This is another popular arrival point for buses from Singapore, and it’s located in the south of KL.
- Terminal Amanjaya: This is a popular arrival point for buses from Singapore, located in Ipoh.
Important Details Of The Bus From Singapore To Kl
When you are taking an intercity bus from Singapore to KL, you must learn about some essential details that we have listed below-
- Singapore to KL bus distance is 354 km. And the average bus time is 3 hours 52 minutes.
- The earliest bus from Singapore to KL leaves at 00:00, and the last departs at 23:59.
- The average bus ticket price from Singapore to KL is SDG 15 to SDG 14.
Prepare For The Journey
With your bus tickets in hand, the next step is to prepare for the journey. Here are some tips to make the trip as smooth as possible:
- Arrive at the bus station early. It’s always a good idea to give yourself plenty of time to check in and board the bus.
- Bring a travel pillow and a light blanket. These will come in handy if you plan to sleep during the journey.
- Pack a bag with essentials such as water, snacks, and any medications you may need.
- Bring some form of entertainment such as a book or music player to pass the time.
Enjoy the Journey
With all the preparation done, all that’s left to do is sit and enjoy the journey. The bus ride from Singapore to KL takes around 5-6 hours, depending on the traffic condition. Remember that the bus will make a few stops, so be prepared for that.
In conclusion, travelling from Singapore to KL by bus is convenient and cost-effective. By booking bus tickets online, you can easily compare prices and schedules from different bus operators and go for the one that best suits your needs. With this guide in mind, you can easily plan your bus trip from Singapore to KL, ensuring a smooth and stress-free journey.