Did you know the oldest surviving carpet is the Pazyryk carpet, which is 2,000 years old? Rugs can brighten up or add to any room, and you want to choose one that fits the aesthetic.
Your bedroom is a sacred space, and you want it to fit your personality and be the comfiest place in your home or apartment. Keep reading and we will guide you through how to choose a bedroom rug.
What to Consider
When choosing a rug for your bedroom, you want to find one that meets your room aesthetically and fits in with the interior design of your space.
There are a few things you want to take into consideration outside of matching your bedroom decoration when you’re choosing a rug:
- Sense of Style: You want to make sure your rug not only matches your bedroom but matches your sense of style because you will have to live with the rug you choose.
- Rug Maintenance: You want to make sure you don’t get a rug that can’t be cleaned or is very difficult to clean in case you have spills.
- How the Rug Feels: You want to make sure the rug is comfy and nice to walk on and not harsh or tough material.
- Size: Depending on the size of your room and furniture, you want to take into account how big of a rug you can fit with your bed and other furniture.
- Pattern: If you’re investing in a nice rug, it’s best to get a pattern that you think will stay in trend for a while and will continue to match your home decoration.
You want to make sure to take these factors into consideration because if you’re investing in a nice rug, you want it to be something that will last and that you can continue to use even if you move.
Bedroom Rug Ideas
If you’re looking for inspiration, you can always start with rug Pinterest boards and find colors, patterns, and sizes that will fit your bedroom best.
Samad is a great rug brand that has multiple styles, sizes, collections, and resources so you can see where their rugs were place and how they were styled for inspiration.
You can take this inspiration and check it against the decor you have in your room. You can also consult with someone at Samad to get their opinion on what will fit.
You can see the various rooms their rugs have been placed in and all of the colors and patterns on Samad.com.
Start Rug Shopping
Now that you know what to consider and where to start with inspiration for your new bedroom rug, you are ready to start shopping.
Make sure that the rug fits your style. Also, it needs to fit size-wise with your other furniture, and it should feature a timeless pattern.
Keep reading more articles like this on our website!