20 online Turkish courses to help you improve your Turkish quickly. With these free Turkish learning resources and paid teaching courses, learning Turkish won’t be a difficult task at all. Apart from learning with these great Turkish courses, learning Spanish is also quite an interesting language to learn with an equally interesting culture like that of Turkish. If you are also interested in learning Spanish, make sure to check out Amazing Talker’s Spanish Tutors to get started!
Source: Turkey Speciality Tours
The Turkish language is a very interesting language for an array of reasons. Alongside bearing a dense population of speakers — more than Italian and Greek speakers combined — it is a language that has very interesting roots and a very diverse vocabulary. Part of the Turkic group of languages, Turkish has influences that include but are not exclusive to Arabic and Farsi and you can learn how to speak this culturally-rich language online.
Online learning is quickly becoming the best method for learning new languages as it ensures that the environment you learn in is entirely up to you and your preferences as well as allowing you to learn at your own pace at any time.
Free Resources for Learning Turkish
A podcast can be a very beneficial method for learning a new language. By having a conversational medium of content, any learner can pick up on certain pronunciations, cadences and proper use of the language they want to learn. Podcasts are also a great multitasking tool that learners can use while in the middle of doing something else, which naturalises their learning experience.
Check out the following podcasts to help start your Turkish journey:
- Let’s Learn Turkish – Spotify
- Learn Turkish with Turkishaholic – Apple Podcasts
- Learn Turkish 24/7 with TurkishClass101 TV
- Speak Turkish Like a Native in 20 minutes!
An educational book can prove extremely helpful if you align yourself with the independent, autonomous self-study method of learning. Reading allows your mind to easily associate words with their spellings and grammatical contexts while helping you frame things like syntax and sentence structures. Even when paired with an audio guide, a book can be a very effective tool for language orientation.
These books might prove useful in your language learning venture:
- Learn Turkish – Word Power 101 by Innovative Language
- Teach Yourself Turkish Complete Course by Asuman C. Pollard
20 Online Turkish Courses to Learn From
AmazingTalker: The Top 10 Turkish Classes Near Me
AmazingTalker’s Turkish courses centre around tailoring the needs of the student to a tutor that matches their needs. Prospective students fill in what they require from their lesson and the directory of tutors finds the perfect one for their unique intensity needs and budget. Booking lessons is entirely dependent on mutual agreement between the student and the tutor and the lessons are then carried out online through video calling.
Each chosen plan with this platform comes with the option of customisable lessons to finetune the learning experience for your unique needs. It also only expects payment for an individual lesson, without any additional charges or fees. The flexible schedule allows for tweaking and adjusting times and dates for one-on-one quality tutoring.
- The choice between Individually-set lesson prices from tutors from approximately $3 – $40.
- Selected tutors come with trial lessons at discounted prices.
- You can find tutors localised in your area who understand the language dynamics of your native language.
- Lessons are for any age group – from toddlers to grownups.
- Navigation is a bit tricky – can’t browse through options without being asked to input your personal needs.
- Reviews are overwhelmingly positive and you can’t easily find criticism.
Berlitz: Learn Turkish Online
The Berlitz Turkish course is one of the courses featured by this 140+-year-old company. Focusing on what the company calls the Berlitz method, the approach to learning languages is that of immersion and natural conversation. By speaking the language to the student, they have space to practice in real-time with assistance from a present tutor.
This platform employs immersive methods of teaching language by actively speaking the language to you to give you a feel of how to pronounce words and use them in the appropriate context. Specific goals are set for each lesson so you can see tangible results and the instructors provide guided practice for any assigned materials.
Lesson plan prices are customised to suit the student’s needs.
- $299 for self-study courses
- $3990 for the total immersion course
- Free demo option available for unsure potential students
- Options between individual or group lessons
- Lessons are taught in the chosen language for the majority of its duration to encourage conversation and achieve fluency faster
- Lessons are bought in bulk and not tailored to the student’s pacing.
- The cancellation and refund policies are unclear and challenging to navigate.
Busuu: Improve Your Turkish Online In Just 10 Minutes a Day
Busuu is a language learning platform that uses both online functionality and app-based learning to give learners an interactive experience. They use a series of methods to teach students effectively, including certifications and community-based feedback to help track a student’s progress.
This platform features live lessons to help you review your self-studied work and determine which areas need improvement. If physical proof is something you seek, a Busuu progress certification is given along the course of your training. You are also granted access to the Busuu community to help you with enquiries.
A basic free plan and two premium options.
- Annual billing for $77.16 ($6.43 per month)
- 2-year billing for $143.04 ($5.96 per month)
- Annual billing for $88.08 ($7.34 per month)
- 2-year billing for $165.12 ($6.88 per month)
- Get full access to a language course for free on the basic plan.
- An app that you can use to track your progress and learn anywhere.
- A vocabulary review feature to help you memorise and polish up the words you learn in your lessons.
- The limited scope of languages – the platform only covers 12 language options for the prices offered.
- Doesn’t go in-depth for students who want more advanced lessons.
Istanbul University: Online Turkish as a Foreign Language Courses
The Turkish course at the Istanbul University Language Centre is a certification-based program that follows the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL). As such, the program has 6 courses – beginner (A1 and A2), intermediate (B1 and B2) and advanced (C1 and C2). For a student to receive certification, they must register and complete 3 levels – each level lasting 180 hours 4 days a week, spanning for 8 weeks.
The course offers a placement exam in order to ensure you are at the right level for instruction. It also helps determine the intensity of training and gives you a better opportunity to get the right content. Additionally, the course has an examination to assess how much you have retained during your course of study.
Choice of once-off fee level-selection packages
- 1 level for $247.98
- 2 levels for $495.95
- 3 levels for $661.27
- 4 levels for $881.70
A yearly package for $1102.12 is also available for purchase.
- Placement tests are available for students already familiar with the Turkish language.
- The course grants letters of acceptance for successfully registered students to make the process of acquiring a visa to enter Turkey easier.
- By following the academic calendar, students will get a rich learning experience
- The course uses a standardised form of teaching and testing, without much room for customisation and tailoring
- There is no refund or transfer available for fees unless the student is facing extreme circumstances
Transparent Language: Turkish Transparent Connect Tutoring Course
Transparent Language teaches Turkish using 30-minute sessions that have been scheduled by learners and their tutors for any time in the day. Tutors then tailor a specific plan to suit the learner’s style and teach a range of subjects from vocabulary building to conversational exercises with feedback to help improve the student’s skills.
The platform features a flexible and convenient scheduling tool that adheres to the availability of both the student and tutor. To assist with better understanding your unique needs, a complimentary skills assessment is assigned in order to better personalise your sessions. From there, you will be given a free 15-minute meet-and-greet session with your tutor to acquaint yourselves. The tutor will then be able to teach whatever you want using various exercises and assignments.
Choice of bulk sessions subscription
- 2 sessions for $79
- 8 sessions for $299
- Conversational exercises.
- You get familiarised with the cultural aspects of Turkey.
- A diverse range of language options including a suggestion box for any languages you think should be included.
- The refund option is available for the first lesson only.
- There is an unequal amount of content per language.
Babbel: Learn Turkish Online
Babbel is one of the top app-based learning platforms worldwide. The platform uses speech recognition alongside dialogue trainers to give students an immersive and interactive experience. They simultaneously teach language and culture in their courses and cover memorisation by employing repetition to help content stick in the student’s long-term cognition.
This platform offers you intuitive lessons based on conversational teaching styles to mimic the real-world application of the language. You also get access to Babbel Live, where students video-connect with tutors to get more comprehensive training. Language games are employed to help with vocabulary while podcasts, videos and short stories are available on the app to strengthen your knowledge.
Choice of monthly billing subscription packages
- 1 month for $13.95
- 3 months for $29.85 ($9.95 per month)
- 6 months for $50.70 ($8.45 per month)
- 12 months for $83.40 ($6.95 per month)
- Diverse methods of learning to tailor to your personal preferences.
- A focus on revision to assist with your long-term memorisation of the content.
- You can add new features to existing subscriptions.
- Only 14 languages on the platform.
- Not the kind of app for intermediate learners who want more in-depth and intense learning styles.
Udemy: Top Turkish Language Courses
Udemy is an ever-growing online marketplace that hosts free and paid lectures for users to find and purchase according to their specifications. Not limited to just languages, the platform is also a space to learn about any topic to further expand knowledge and improve oneself.
The Turkish language courses offered feature a variety of practice tests and quizzes to gauge your understanding of the content being taught to you. You also get to choose between the app and desktop learning which gives you access to video, audio and text lectures from experts on various topics of varying fields.
Once-off fee for a full lesson package
- Free – approximately $85.89
- No deadline, on-demand content.
- Lesson previews are available to help you make an informed decision.
- 30-day refund policy.
- Subtitles are only available if the tutor has them included in the course.
- The certification offered for completion isn’t accredited.
Yunus Emre Institute: Learn Turkish By Distant Turkish Teaching Portal
Yunus Emre Institute teaches Turkish via their Distant Turkish Teaching Portal. To ensure accordance with the criteria of the Common European Framework of Reference For Languages (CEFRL), the platform engages students in activities and learning exercises to teach basic Turkish language skills. Using various stages, the course is based on real-life themes and topics.
Featured in the course includes complete mobility and the ability to study anywhere. This is in addition to you getting a choice between a 36-hour or a 72-hour course. You will also be given full access to the virtual classrooms to be guided by interactive Turkish tutors.
- Doesn’t focus solely on language but includes Turkish culture in the lessons.
- Promotes autonomous self-learning for students who prefer less of a monitored approach.
- Lessons are given straight out of Ankara, Turkey.
- Lack of interactive speech features.
- No tutorial support for students.
Pimsleur: Pimsleur Turkish Level 1
Pimsleur is one of the oldest language-learning organisations which has now gone digital. Their online learning platform employs the Pimsleur Method, an approach that focuses on memory retention and fast learning through repetition and immersion. The courses offered aim to create an accelerated learning experience where students will get information that will stick in their long-term memory.
Alongside the course material, the platform uses practice tools such as flashcards and audio assistance to better familiarise you with the teaching content. They also focus on skills testing such as general phrases, comprehension and formal phrases. All of these are stored in a vocabulary safe that also tracks progress and helps with revising content.
Choice of bulk lesson subscription packages
- $21.95 for 5 lessons
- $119.99 for 30 lessons
Premium complete lessons once-off purchase
- Turkish level 1 premium for $150
- Immersive teaching experience using conversational styles of teaching.
- 7-day free trial.
- An audio-only option available for all languages
- No transcript is available for audio lessons which can be hard to follow if you struggle with auditory processing.
- Not suitable for intermediate or advanced learners who seek more intensive content to help their fluency.
Mango Languages: World Languages – Turkish
Mango Languages aims to adapt to a learner’s unique learning style in order to teach the structure behind a language as well as train your pronunciation skills. Combining a variety of listening and reading activities, the platform helps a student contextualise written and spoken content. There is also an active algorithm-based review system to help learners improve on problem areas.
Courses feature listening and reading activities, a structured interface with a dashboard that students have full access to as a means to tackle different topics within the language. Additionally, the platform makes use of critical thinking exercises to practice logical application of the language alongside memory-building exercises.
Choice of subscription for a single language:
- Per month billing for $7.99
- Per year billing for $79.99 ($6.67 per month)
Or all languages
- Per month billing for $17.99
- Per year billing for $179.99 ($14.99 per month)
- A free trial.
- Algorithm-based matching of teaching styles.
- Conversation-based methodology to immerse you into the language.
- The learning content can be rather repetitive.
- Video content is only available for a limited number of languages.
Turkish Language House: Start Speaking Turkish Today
Turkish Language House is an online platform that primarily employs a 100% immersion approach to teaching Turkish. Students will be spoken to in Turkish from the first day of lessons and are expected to participate and engage with the approach to build confidence. The school also offers students unlimited access to study resources to further orient their Turkish knowledge.
The platform offers four research-based language courses for all proficiency levels from beginner to advanced. Teaching is done through bite-sized video lessons that you can access anywhere at any time in addition to grammar notes for the academic students. There is also a master library with study resources and interactive activities with quizzes.
Choice of subscription packages
- Per month billing for $10
- Per year billing for $72 ($6 per month)
- Lifetime access for $175
- 100% immersion in native Turkish.
- Interactive review activities.
- Unlimited, 24/7 access to every single resource on the website.
- Additional information is not readily available for further enquiry.
- Navigation throughout the website is quite tricky.
Glossika: Learn to Speak Turkish Fluently and Effectively
Glossika is an online language platform that uses an AI-based algorithm and bite-size lessons to teach languages. It uses both speech recognition to let the student practice pronunciation with the same cadence as a native speaker alongside progress trackers to ensure that the student moves forward linearly. With training from A1 to C1 proficiency levels, the platform advances a learner from beginner to intermediate at a pace comfortable to them.
The main feature of the platform is the AI algorithm that automatically organises your learning schedule and progress in order to review your best path forward based on your individual performance. The platform also employs grammar training through complete sentences and audio-based training and education to better immerse you,
Choice of subscription packages
- Per month billing $30
- Per year billing $299,88 ($24.99 per month)
The platform also offers custom payment solutions for enterprises.
- An intuitive interface.
- User-friendly and easy to grasp.
- Subscription isn’t exclusive to one language.
- Lack of formal lessons and explanatory teaching.
- There have been reports of a lot of mistranslated content.
Mondly: Learn Turkish Online for Free
Mondly languages as an online platform offers users a comprehensive education in language proficiency completely free of charge. The platform uses daily lessons, audio from native speakers and a repetition system to help the subject matter stick in the student’s mind.
The lessons feature vocabulary in the chosen language, commonly used and recognised phrases and expressions and native-speaker recordings of pronunciations to immerse the student in the usage of the language. Additionally, preset intervals for repetition lessons are set to remind the student to practice what they learned alongside a speech recognition system to help with pronunciation issues.
- A chatbot to practice having conversations within your chosen language.
- Available on desktop, smartphone and tablet.
- App-based learning for learning anywhere.
- No real-time human involvement.
- Lesson plans are rather superficial and don’t go in-depth with the content.
Cudoo: The Turkish Language (Bundle)
Cudoo presents itself as an eLearning platform that also gives back. It offers a vast array of language content as well as courses that focus on professional advancement and self-development. Their paid course profits go towards helping charities and libraries worldwide free access to their content in order to help people who depend on these organisations for learning and improvement.
The platform offers students three training levels for personal use and also gives the relevant training that businesses require for their development. Each individual learning level contains lesson packs from beginner to advanced intensities. These packs contain a wide scope of 49 interactive lessons for students to engage with and learn from.
The platform offers a 14-day money-back guarantee.
- Once-off purchase of $24.99
- Lifetime access is available on both web and mobile versions.
- Accredited certificate upon completion.
- Content-heavy lesson bundles.
- Inadequate focus on tutorial explanations.
- Content quantity doesn’t justify the price.
Preply: Improve Your Turkish Faster With A Preply Tutor
Preply is a platform that mainly focuses on providing one-on-one tutoring from a range of qualified tutors who vary in teaching style. To find the right tutor, the platform encourages you to establish your goals as well as your unique learning needs and budget. There are also placement tests to determine the level at which a student needs to be taught.
The platform’s most prominent feature is the private online classes where a student and a tutor have direct communication with one another to have a lesson tailored to best suit the student’s needs. Their scheduling feature helps with arranging 60-minute lessons at any time of the day in the week and structuring an effective learning plan.
- Per hour billing is set independently by the tutor with prices ranging from approximately $3 – $48.
- Tutor prices are tailored to your budget.
- Preply community forum where you can ask for help or compare notes with like-minded students.
- You get a discounted trial lesson.
- Lessons must be purchased in bulk.
- Limited flexibility once you have chosen and purchased a plan.
Eurekly!: The Best Turkish Courses
Eurekly helps you learn languages from the comfort of your home or office, with a professional tutor. Including tailored lessons, a wide array of subjects and plans to suit your budget, the platform combines tutoring with community forums and virtual resources to give students a well-rounded learning experience.
The platform features live tutoring where students can learn and receive real-time feedback from experienced speakers of the language of their choice. Additionally, it hosts community forums as a space for students to compare notes and help each other out. With an interactive multifunctional virtual classroom, students have one central location to access all of their necessary learning tools.
- Per lesson billing ranging from approximately $10 – $45
- Trial lessons are readily available.
- You are only charged for accepted lessons.
- You will receive your money back as credits if you express dissatisfaction within 24 hours after your lesson.
- The lesson fee is non-refundable.
- Money can only be used within the Eurekly wallet.
TurkishClass101: Learn Turkish
TurkishClass101 is a multiplatform language organisation that combines both freely accessible podcast content as well as paid personal lessons. Their method of teaching Turkish involves immersion through audio and video lessons of native speakers conversationally expressing how the language is spoken. A premium plan is also available on their website.
The platform features a 24-hour livestream on YouTube that anyone can access for free and begin their learning journey. On their own website, a premium subscription offers students audio and video immersion lessons alongside relevant study materials in the form of flashcards and presentations. They also offer hand-graded assignments with a personal teacher.
A choice between a bi-annual subscription and 2-year billing.
- Premium for $240 ($10 per month)
- Premium Plus membership for $552 (23 per month)
A free version is also available with restricted access to premium content.
- Certificate of completion.
- Personally tailored feedback from a live tutor.
- An app is also available.
- An excess of promotional materials after signing up for a paid subscription.
- Personalised plans and live tutoring is exclusive to the Premium Pro subscription.
Royal Turkish Schools: Do Something Exciting This Year: Learn Turkish
Royal Turkish Schools is a multifunctional language school based in both Istanbul and Izmir, Turkey. They offer both physical classroom locations as well as online learning to teach Turkish in a fully-immersed environment. Taking a more academic approach to language teaching, the school follows an academic curriculum for an intensive experience.
The online platform offers students live one-on-one tutoring on Zoom that follows the academic curriculum at a frequency chosen by the student. The tutor will teach with the guidance of a coursebook assigned by the school. Additional study materials and resources will be given to the student to help with any issues and problem areas that arise. The sessions are recorded and sent to the student to revise for assignments.
Options between 30, 60 or 120-minute sessions, 1 – 7 days a week, for 1 to 12 months in a year.
- Prices range from $66.47 – $4 210.44
- A 15-minute trial course.
- Tutors are fluent in both English and Arabic.
- Discounts are available for certain subscription options.
- Return and refund information for online learning is not easily found on the website.
- Can get quite pricey for a student who might want a less standardised method of learning.
Rosetta Stone: From Second Language to Second Nature
Rosetta Stone is one of the oldest language learning platforms and its new online teaching functions allow them to teach their methodology in a more accessible way. Using the immersion approach, the platform uses its desktop and mobile app to help students with activities and pronunciation guides from native speakers with speech recognition software.
Options for plans that are tailored to a student’s unique needs from speaking to grammar and vocabulary. Speech recognition software allows real-time feedback for a student to use to improve. The app also features bite-sized lessons that can be completed at the student’s preferred pace centred around real-life scenarios.
A choice between three subscription models of $11.99 per month:
- 3-month subscription for $35.97
- 12-month subscription for $143.88
- Lifetime access for $299
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Free trial available
- You receive constructive feedback from native speakers.
- Copy-pasted content for different languages with little modification.
- Inflated pricing in certain regions for similar content.
Duolingo: Bite-sized Turkish Lessons
Duolingo is a mobile app-based language platform that teaches users through a series of activities and exercises. Combining reading, listening and speaking skills training to create an interactive app, the platform has an AI-based algorithm to create tailored plans for the person using it. A premium option is available for an ad-free experience.
The app has games, vocabulary activities and a leaderboard to keep you motivated to learn more. The platform mascot, Duo the Owl sends students reminders to continue their progress and advance onto the next stage of their learning journey. At the end of a lesson, students are awarded medals and accolades for their work.
- Free or $6.99
- An interactive app that tracks progress
- The lesson plan is built around the student’s needs with an intuitive algorithm.
- A diverse range of learning content.
- The desktop version of Duolingo has inconsistencies with the app and gives students access to a lot more helpful features.
- Incidents of unnatural sentence compositions and incorrect translations, which a beginner might not easily detect.
Learning a language has never been easier with so many options available to you. With a net speaking population of approximately 70 – 80 million globally, taking the time to learn Turkish doesn’t just expand your linguistic abilities but also enriches your connections to people. Any AmazingTalker Turkish course helps to improve your proficiency and fluency in the language, so check one out for yourself that suits anything you’re looking for.
Read Also: The Best Way to Learn Korean Online