If you seek a comprehensive yet cost-effective project management platform to handle all the hard work for you, you have come to the right place. This guide revolves around Monday.com and Smartsheet software.
Buckle up your belts as we embark on the journey to dissecting their cost structures to determine whether they are worth your dime. Nonetheless, this guide will act as your compass, guiding you to make a prudent decision that sits well with your organizational needs.
Why Monday.com And Smartsheet?
You must wonder why we set these vendors as our baseline of all the effective PM platforms. Monday.com and Smartsheet streamline project flow, harnessing the synergy of collaboration and innovation. You will get a clear insight by delving into their overviews. Here you go!
Monday.com–Where Simplicity Reigns
It is a trailblazing platform ruling the project management realm with its unprecedented simplicity and comprehensive nature. Monday.com is beyond a basic solution. Instead, it is a feature-rich platform that handles business operations; tracks sales leads, simplifies work management, fosters collaboration and meets project deadlines.
Monday.com reigns supreme with its endless versatility and appealing visual interface. Another reason why it stands out is that it boasts exceptional product lifecycle management capabilities. It is the ideal solution to embrace growth and prosperity without tiring yourself out and ensuring a friendly workspace environment for teams.
Smartsheet–Waltzing Towards Efficiency
Smartsheet is an unprecedented enterprise task and project management platform. You can waltz through complex project workflows with this PM maestro. Moving beyond traditional spreadsheets with its grid-based structure, it bids farewell to never-ending manual task management. What’s more to it is that it’s synonymous with customizable solutions.
Walk the tightrope between project deadlines, boost team coordination, and manage resource allocation in a breeze with Smartsheet. This PM maestro features enterprise-grade security and permission controls, putting you in control. The cherry on top is Smartsheet, which is structured on business intelligence workflows and thus smartly tackles all complexities in project journeys.
Feature Range–Painting The Canvas
Let’s unravel the feature portfolios of Monday.com and Smartsheet now before we head to the prime factor: the price tag. Exploring the integrated functionalities is crucial to understanding whether these resilient platforms fulfill their promise of being budget-friendly. So, with that in mind, let’s see the salient offering of both.
Monday.com is a very well-structured program and has divided its tools and services into three broader categories: Work management, Sales CRM, and Dev.
Requests and approvals
Goals and strategy
A noteworthy fact here is that Monday.com offers a distinct price bundle for all these categories. However, as our prime emphasis is work management, we will analyze that later on in this guide.
Unlike the former, Smartsheet doesn’t offer varying categories. It automates processes, optimizes workflows and shapes project lifecycle under one roof by providing an impeccable feature range that’s as follows:
Bridge intelligent workflows
Custom Email Domains
Data Retention Controls
Document generation with e-signature
Enterprise Plan Manager
Export, email & print
Form and formulas
Gantt and Grid view
Hierarchy Plan Insights
Strategic plan dashboard
As you can see, Smartsheet strictly revolves around the work management spectrum. It is a project management maestro breaking barriers to unconditional success and team productivity. Considering its extensive feature range, it seems like a pricey vendor, but that’s not it.
Monday.com vs. Smartsheet: Evaluating The Price Spectrum
Surprisingly, both our integral platforms entice users with free plans. Even though the free plans offer limited services, they serve as a virtual demonstration. It’s like going on a test drive to assess what lies within. Besides that, they offer exclusive tiered plan bundles with monthly and annual subscriptions. Now that you know the basics, let’s conduct an in-depth price evaluation.
Monday.com Pricing Options
Monday.com offers an array of price bundles based on the product type. Here, we will explore the price options you have for the work management category. It comprises five feature-rich cost bundles, where the price-tiers work for teams having a minimum of three users. Here you go with the particulars of Monday.com price bundles!
- Free: Free forever for upto two users. It comprises foundation features including whiteboard collaboration, unlimited docs and dashboards, mobile apps and shareable tools. Suited for individuals to keep track of their work.
- Basic: Costs $10/seat/month billed annually . Provides unlimited boards and docs, custom fields, embedded documents, advanced integration options, and custom fields. Suited for small teams just getting started.
- Standard: Costs 12/seat/month billed annually. Equipped with specs including timeline, Gantt, map, and calendar views, Zoom integration and guest access. Suitable for growing teams seeking improved productivity and enhanced visualization.
- Pro: Costs $19/seat/month billed annually. Offers advanced work management, dependency column, time tracking, Google authentication, formula, and chart views. Tailored for larger teams seeking scalability.
- Enterprise: Custom-made plan. Features enterprise-level security, tailored onboarding, advanced reporting and analytics, multi-level permission, customer success manager, and premium integrations. Suited for global chains wanting to meet compliance requirements.
Smartsheet Pricing Options
Now, let’s keenly evaluate Smartsheet pricing plans. It presents four options to its users. You can choose the one that suits you best in the context of managing business operations efficiently. Let’s have a sneak peek into the pricing bundles of Smartsheet that will enable you to transcend barriers.
- Free: Free forever for one user and two editors. Includes Gantt, card, grid, and calendar views, which the former doesn’t offer except for its standard plan. It also covers Google Workspace, slack and Microsoft Office integrations to help people flourish from the get-go.
- Pro: Costs $7/user/month billed annually. Offers unlimited forms, sheets, dashboards and unlimited free viewers, user management and email support services, and a free plan. Suited for small teams.
- Business: Costs $25/user/month billed annually. Includes extensive services such as document builder, baselines, unlimited automation, admin center, proofing and activity log. Works for growing teams and even features PowerBI and Tableau integrations.
- Enterprise: Tailor-made for enterprises. Provides DocuSign and directory integration alongside enterprise plan manager, user account provisioning, WorkApps and enterprise access controls services.
The Final Verdict
In our opinionated version, Smartsheet scores the ground in this Monday.com vs. Smartsheet price analysis. Undoubtedly, Monday.com is second to none. It lays down a plethora of options for its users to choose from and has categorized its price bundles with respect to product type. However, Smartsheet pricing plans are more comprehensive for project management maestros. Monday.com also shines but for people seeking a business management platform as it goes beyond fundamental project management requirements.
Also visit Digital Global Times for more quality informative content.