Gmail is one of the most popular email services in the world. It has many features, including spam filtering, labels, and chat. It is also very customizable, allowing users to change the look and feel of their inboxes. If you’re like most people, you use your email account for everything. From communicating with friends and family to keeping up with work, email is an essential part of life. But using your email account can be a pain if you don’t know how to get the most out of it. That’s where these 15 tips from experts come in handy!
In this article, I will explain 14 Useful Tips From Experts In Using Gmail accounts.
Tips for organizing your inbox:
Gmail is a great way to keep your email organized and accessible from any device. Here are some tips for getting the most out of your Gmail account:
- Create folders to organize your emails. This will make it easier to find what you’re looking for.
- Use labels to further categorize your emails. You can create labels for different projects, topics, or people.
- Use filters to automatically sort your emails into specific folders or labels. This can save you time when trying to find a specific email.
- Use the search bar to quickly find emails that include specific keywords or phrases.
- Take advantage of the archiving feature to keep your inbox clutter-free. Archived emails can be accessed at any time, but won’t take up space in your inbox.
Categorize your messages using labels and filters
Gmail provides a powerful way to manage your email by using labels and filters. With labels, you can create a category for each message. For example, you could create a label for “Invoices” and then apply the filter to only show messages that have the “Invoices” label. This way, you can quickly find all of your invoices in one place. You can also create filters to automatically apply a label to a message or move it to a specific folder. This can be helpful if you want to automatically archive all messages from a particular sender or if you want to keep all of your receipts in one place.
Use stars and priority markers to highlight important messages
In this digital age, email is one of the most commonly used forms of communication. For many people, their email inbox is a cluttered mess. Gmail has a number of features to help users organize their inbox and highlight important messages. One way to do this is by using stars and priority markers.
Stars can be used to mark messages as important. There are five different stars that can be used: default, yellow, orange, red, and purple. The default star is gray and is automatically applied to all new messages. To use one of the other colors, hover over the star and click on the one you want.
Priority markers are also used to indicate how important a message is. There are three different markers: high priority, normal priority, and low priority. Messages with a high priority marker will show up in boldface type in your inbox.
Create a task list from your messages
When you’re juggling multiple tasks, it can be helpful to keep a task list handy. You can create a task list from your Gmail messages by following a few simple steps.
First, open Gmail and select the message or messages that you want to add to your task list. Next, click on the “More” tab and select “Add to tasks.” A new window will open with your selected messages attached as a task list. You can then edit the task list as needed
You can also add tasks directly from the Gmail sidebar. Just click on the “Tasks” icon and then type in your task details. The task will then be added to your task list.
If you prefer, you can also use an external application such as Google Tasks or Asana to manage your tasks.
Use labels to track important dates
Gmail has many features that can help you organize your email. One of these features is labels. Labels allow you to track important dates, such as when you sent a message or when you received a reply. You can also use labels to track important projects or tasks.
Use Gmail offline
Gmail is a great way to communicate with others, but what if you can’t get online? Or what if you’re in a place where there’s no internet connection? Good news! You can still use Gmail offline. To do this, you’ll need to download the Gmail Offline app. The app is available for Chrome and Firefox. Once you have the app installed, it will sync your messages and attachments so that you can read them and respond to them offline.
Tips for composing messages:
Gmail is a great way to communicate with others, whether you are sending a message to a friend or a client. Here are some tips for composing messages in Gmail:
- Type your message in the text area at the top of the screen.
- You can format your text using bold, italics, and underlining by using the appropriate buttons above the text area.
- To add a link, type the link text in brackets and then the web address immediately after it. For example, [www.google.com] will create a link to Google’s website.
- To add an image, paste the image URL into the text area and it will automatically be added as a thumbnail image.
- You can also insert emojis into your messages by typing :).
Write clear and concise subject lines
Gmail is a great way to keep in touch with people, but if your subject lines are not clear and concise, you may not be getting the most out of your email. Here are a few tips for writing effective subject lines:
- Keep it short- No one wants to read a long subject line. Try to keep it to 50 characters or less.
- Be specific- If you’re asking a question, make sure the subject line reflects that.
- Use keywords- If you’re sending an email about a specific topic, use keywords in the subject line so that people can easily find it later.
- Be clear- If there’s something you need someone to do, make sure the subject line reflects that.
Format your message using standard fonts, colors, and sizes
Most e-mail programs allow you to format your message using standard fonts, colors, and sizes. Gmail is no different. To format your message in Gmail, simply follow these steps:
- Compose your message as you normally would.
- Click on the “Formatting” toolbar above the text area.
- Select a font from the list, and then enter the size you want.
- Select a color from the list, or use the “default” option to use the program’s default color.
- Click on the “Bold” or “Italic” buttons to add emphasis to your text, if desired.
- When you’ve finished formatting your message, click on the “Send” button to send it off!
Keep your message length under 200 words
Gmail is a great way to keep in touch with people, but sometimes people go on and on about things that don’t need to be said. When you’re sending a message to someone, try to keep it under 200 words. This will help the person get the information they need quickly and efficiently. Brevity is key!
Use attachments and hyperlinks to add additional information
Did you know that you can add attachments and hyperlinks to your Gmail messages? This can be a great way to add additional information to your messages or to provide links for your recipients. In this article, we’ll show you how to add attachments and hyperlinks to your Gmail messages.
Proofread your message before sending it
The best way to avoid embarrassing yourself in a work email is to proofread your message before hitting send. This means reading it through for mistakes in grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Even if you’re confident in your writing abilities, it’s always a good idea to give your email one last check for errors.
Sending an email with mistakes can make you look unprofessional and careless. It can also reflect poorly on your company. So before pressing send, take a few extra seconds to proofread your message. You’ll be glad you did.
Tips for managing contacts:
If you’re like most people, your contact list is a mess. You have duplicate entries, incorrect information, and no idea who some of these people are. Gmail can help you clean up your act with some easy tips for managing your contacts.
The first thing you should do is merge all of your duplicate entries into one master list. Gmail can do this automatically for you by finding contacts that have the same name and email address. To access this feature, click on the “More” tab and select “Find and Merge Duplicate Contacts.”
Next, make sure all of your contact information is correct and up-to-date. To edit a contact’s information, click on the contact’s name in your list and make the changes in the popup window.
If you want to group your contacts into categories, Gmail makes it easy to do that too.
Import your contacts from other emails
Are you tired of manually inputting your contacts into Gmail? Do you have a large contact list that you don’t want to lose? Gmail has a solution! You can import your contacts from other email providers, such as Yahoo!, AOL, or Microsoft Outlook. This process is simple and only takes a few minutes. Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your Gmail account and click the “Contacts” link in the left navigation bar.
- Click the “Import Contacts” link in the top right corner of the Contacts page.
- Select the email provider that you want to import your contacts from and click the “Next” button.
- Enter your email address and password for that provider and click the “Login” button.
- Click the “Import Contacts” button on the right side of the page to start importing your contacts.
In conclusion, following these tips will help you make the most out of your Gmail account. Keep in mind that these are just a few of the many ways that you can use your account and that there are many other ways to customize it to fit your needs. So get creative and have fun with your Gmail account!
Read Also: Social Media Marketing for SaaS Companies
Himel Afrid is a social media marketing expert and digital marketer who has worked in the online advertising and marketing field for over 10 years. He has experience with a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+, and knows how to use them to help businesses grow their online presence. Himel also has extensive experience with search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC) advertising and can help businesses make the most of these digital marketing tools to reach more customers online.