Who is Edward Windsor Earl of Wessex Son Queen Elizabeth: Age, Title and Job
Edward Windsor, Earl of Wessex, is the fourth child and third son of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip of Edinburgh, twelfth in the line of succession to the throne of England. After having worked in the theater and on television, Edoardo now takes care of the management of charities on behalf of the Royal Family. Married since 1999 to Sophie Contessa of Wessex, the couple has two children: Lady Louise Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor and James Alexander Philip Theo Mountbatten-Windsor, Viscount Severn.
Who is it Edward Windsor?
- No.like: Edward Antony Richard Louis Mountbatten-Windsor
- Treatment: Royal Highness
- Noble title: Earl of Wessex, Prince of the United Kingdom, Viscount Severn, Earl of Forfar
- Date of birth: March 10, 1964
- Birth place: London
- Age: 57 years old
- Zodiac sign: Fish
- Mother: Queen Elizabeth II (Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor)
- Father: Prince Philip of Edinburgh (Philip Mounbatten)
- Line of succession to the throne: 12th place
- Profession: film and television producer, presenter
- Height: 183 cm
- Weight: unavailable
- Tattoos: nobody
- Official Instagram Profile: @theroyalfamily
- Official site: www.royal.uk
- Follow us on our Official Instagram profile: @ chiecosa.it
Edoardo Windsor, Earl of Wessex, was born as Edward Antony Richard Louis Mountbatten-Windsor, on March 10, 1964, in the royal palace of Buckingham Palace in London. Edward is the last son of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip of Edinburgh, born, in fact, after his brothers: Charles (Prince of Wales and heir to the throne), Anna (Royal Princess) and Andrew (Duke of York). On 2 May 1964 Edoardo was baptized in the private chapel of Windsor Castle, awarded with the title of Royal Highness, he was assigned a governess up to the age of 7. He was sent to Gibbs School in 1971, and the following year, like his brothers and father, he moved to Heatherdown Preparatory School, Scotland. After completing his studies, Edoardo spent a year in New Zealand at the Wanganui Collegiate School, before returning to England, where he enrolled at Jesus College in Cambridge. This event caused some controversy, as the As diploma was required for admission to Cambridge (which Edoardo had not obtained due to some below average marks). Despite this Edoardo becomes master of arts of Cambridge in 1991 and decides to join the Royal Marine Corps.
During the life of a member of the royal family, various titles are conferred, following the tradition and career merits. The full title of the Earl of Wessex is therefore:
His Royal Highness Prince Edward Antony Richard Louis, the Earl of Wessex, Earl of Forfar, Viscount Severn, Royal Companion Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Grand Cross Knight of the Victorian Royal Order, Canadian Forces Decoration, Personal Aide-de-camp by SM
According to the genealogy of the British Royal Family, Edward, Earl of Wessex is located at twelfth place in the line of succession.
Genealogy of the British Royal Family
Training and Work
After completing his studies in Cambridge, in 1991, Edoardo Windsor decides to join the body of the Royal Marines, in the officers’ school. Edoardo, however, understands that this is not the path he wants to take, and so he leaves the job for return to university and devote himself to a passion for theater. In these years Edoardo worked as a production assistant for two different theater companies: Andrew Lloyd Webber and Really Useful Theater Company. With these companies Edoardo participates in the production of musicals:
- Cats (1981);
- Starlight Express (1983);
- The Phantom of the Opera (1986).
Given the resourcefulness and skills of the Prince Royal, in 1986, Tim Rice and Lloyd Webber commissioned him the musical Cricket, on the occasion of the birthday of Queen Elizabeth II (60 years old).
In 1987 Edoardo got his television experience on the program It’s a Royal Knockout. In the program, the Prince sponsored and explained the Royal Family’s commitment to charitable works. However, the program was criticized and in 1993 Edoardo abandoned the experience e founds the Ardent Television Production Company. The new company founded by Edoardo Windsor is involved in the production of documentaries and scenic dramas, often and willingly conceived by the Prince himself. This commitment is also criticized: Edoardo is accused of exploiting his status as Royal Highness for personal purposes, such as repaying the heavy debts incurred by the production company. Edoardo decides to partially retire from the television world in 2002, to devote himself to royal commitments and support the Queen during the preparations for the golden jubilee.
Wife Sophie Countess of Wessex
Edoardo Windsor married Sophie Rhys-Jones on June 19, 1999 in St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle. On the same day the newlyweds acquire the titles:
- Earl of Wessex, for Edoardo;
- Countess of Wessex, for Sophie.
Married for almost 22 years, the union between the Earl and Countess of Wessex is currently the most solid and lasting union undertaken by a son of Queen Elizabeth II.
After a first ectopic pregnancy, which took place in 2001, the couple gave birth to their first child, Louise Elizabeth Mary, on November 8, 2003. On December 17, 2007, their second child was born: James Alexander Philip Theo. The two have not yet come of age, and the Countess of Wessex herself stated, al Synday Times Magazine:
It is highly unlikely that the two will decide to use the title of His Royal Highness … We try to raise them with the knowledge that it is very likely that they will have to work for a living.
At the moment the two sons meet the qualifications of:
Where do you live
Edward, Earl of Wessex, lives with his wife and children a Bagshot Park in London. The palace was built in 1870 by the Victorian architect Benjamin Ferrey; it has 120 rooms in Tudor style, and in 1875 Queen Victoria had a further wing built, for her son Arthur, Duke of Connaught (third son).
The Earl of Wessex has no Instagram account. However, we can follow his real commitments through the official profile of the royal family.
- The recognition of master of arts in Cambridge, in 1991, Edoardo obtained him as a “history reader”, and he is one of the few members of the Royal House to have obtained this title;
- Edoardo, in 1999, declared that he desired the title of Duke of Edinburgh, when the title was transferred to the crown, however, on the death of both parents.;
- in the 1980s, Edoardo collaborated with actress Ruthie Henshall for two years;
- The story of the reign of Elizabeth II was the subject of an episode of Ulysses – The pleasure of discovery, by Alberto Angela, with narration by Luca Ward.
- In the popular and award-winning Netflix series, The Crown, in the fourth season appears the character of Edoardo Windsor, played by the actor Angus Imrie, and voiced in the Italian version by Dario Sansalone.
Edward Windsor Earl of Wessex Video
Here is one of the latest videos of the Earl of Wessex, along with his family.
Visit site for more useful and informative articles!