Anyone who has worked in the construction or agricultural trade will understand the value of investing in an excavator. These are highly versatile pieces of machinery that can be adapted to meet a wide range of purposes. The functionality of an excavator will depend heavily on the type of attachment used.
Unfortunately, there is no one-size-fits-all excavator bucket suitable for every job, which is why it is important to do your research and choose the right excavator bucket. You need a top-quality bucket when you are looking to get a job done to the highest standard.
In this post, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about OZ Excavator Buckets, including why they are among Australia’s most popular excavation equipment suppliers and the type of excavator attachments available within their product range.
The Basics of OZ Excavator Buckets
In essence, excavator buckets are digging attachments with teeth that can be fixed to the arm of an excavator. The buckets are controlled by the excavator operator using controls in the cabin.
Types of Excavator Bucket Available
There are different types of excavator buckets that are used depending on where the digging must be done.
When choosing an excavator bucket, it is important to start by checking the specifications of the excavator. The size of the excavator, its configuration and desired reach will all affect the type of excavator bucket that will be most appropriate. It is also essential to check the material density and bucket capacity when choosing an excavator bucket to ensure these matches your needs.
When it comes to the most popular types of OZ extractor buckets available, these are our favourites:
- General Purpose (GP) or Digging Bucket: The most commonly bought bucket in the range, the teeth on the ends break up the ground and allow for easier penetration. It can be used for digging on hard and rugged surfaces, soil, and even rocks.
- Excavator Stick Rake: This has a claw design for maximum breakout force and is ideal for brush clearing, vegetation management and faster clean-ups.
- Mud Bucket: Wider than the GP Bucket with a smooth edge, it is perfect for use on soft or aerated surfaces such as mud and clay. Its large capacity allows for the removal of more material.
- Tilt Bucket: The unique feature here is that the bucket can tilt 45 degrees to the left and right, which makes it great for more intricate jobs that involve ditching, levelling and slope finishing.
- Sieve Buckets: Heavy-duty interlocking ribs allow finer material to fall through, leaving behind any bigger pieces of material. Perfect for cleaning debris without having to dump lots of sand into a skip and retrieving reusable materials from a demolition site. It is also commonly used for landscaping and agriculture.
- Multipurpose Bucket: This can be used as a GP bucket, a mud bucket or a grab bucket, meaning there is no need to change attachments. It is useful for jobs where lots of attachments are needed to get the job done quickly and effectively.
Why You’ll Love OZ Excavator Buckets
OZ Excavator Buckets are one of the most sought-after pieces on the market when it comes to excavation tools. This is because they have a reputation for their longevity, thanks to the high-grade metal and construction used in their design.
The short pin-point design of the OZ Excavator Buckets makes them highly efficient when it comes to digging and filling, and bucket breakout force. It is these that ultimately sets them apart from the competition.
Moreover, OZ Excavator Buckets are made using high-quality materials and are designed to be durable enough to withstand the most robust working conditions.
Get Your OZ Excavator Bucket
There are online stores that stock a range of OZ Excavator Buckets that will meet the needs of any job you have on your hands. They also stock an extensive range of other earthmoving equipment for construction and agriculture.