The snow is melting, the birds are chirping merrily, and the girls can’t wait to meet the first warm days without hats so that the strands of beautiful silk fabric fly in the wind … However, after all the winter tests, the hair has its own opinion on this matter: they don’t agree to fly beautifully, if only away from the head. And if we understand why there are problems with facial skin after winter and how to deal with it thanks to skin care cosmetics and dermal fillers, then things are sometimes more complicated with hair. Why does this happen and how to breathe spring mood into tired hair? Let’s figure it out in this article.
Special Care In Spring: Why Does Hair Need It?
Before turning to experts for help, let’s see what is so terrible in winter if after three months of cold weather comes the reckoning in the form of a deplorable state of the strands.
1. Sudden Temperature Changes
From the warmth of home to a blizzard and then to an air-conditioned office environment. Such swings last day after day, and temperature jumps are a real stress for hair, especially if the strands are not hidden under a scarf or a headdress during your stay on the street!
2. Dried Air
Heating radiators at home and at work reduce air humidity, and again the hair suffers! Dehydrated hairs become more porous in their structure and are included in a vicious circle: the porosity resulting from dryness does not allow moisture to be retained, and the lack of moisture increases dryness.
3. Internal Causes
Spring vitamin deficiency is a direct consequence of malnutrition in the winter season, and it does not affect the hair in the best way, leading to a noticeable decrease in density. Do not discount the psychological stress due to uncomfortable weather conditions. In this case, vitamins and minerals rush to “patch” the gaps in the nervous system, ignoring the needs of the hair.
What To Expect In Spring? Typical Problems Of Tired Hair
If in February – April you begin to observe the manifestation of these symptoms in yourself, it’s time to seriously take up the resuscitation of the strands.
- Dullness and brittleness. They say that the hair has become dry, and the scales of the shell of the hair shaft are loosely attached to each other. An unpleasant bonus to cuticle fluffing is electrification, which in winter could be attributed to wearing multilayer synthetic clothing.
- Increased section. First of all, split ends indicate insufficient hydration of the hair or their inability to retain moisture inside the keratin layer. But physical influences – cold winds and snowstorms – also play a role in changing the structure of the hair.
- Changes in the hydrolipidic balance of the scalp. The scalp becomes unusually prone to oiliness or, conversely, to dryness. Many are faced with an unpleasant problem: the root zone quickly gets dirty and insists on daily shampooing, and the ends of the hair are split and tangled – not least because of the aggressive effects of the shampoo.
- Hairfall. Hair loss increases on average two months after the trigger event. Therefore, sometimes you have to observe thinning of the hair all spring. The problem of hair loss is usually associated with a lack of retinol, calcium, magnesium, iron, B vitamins, and some other substances. But without prior testing and visiting a trichologist, it is dangerous to self-medicate.
Home Hair Care In Spring
In addition to the salon, hair care must be carried out at home. This can help you, with both ready-made masks from a store or pharmacy, and those created independently from available products. Quite popular are masks based on olive oil, honey, and egg yolk, they allow you to moisturize your hair.
Also, spring is not in vain sometimes called diets, as most women strive to get their bodies in shape for the beach season. This entails a restriction of the diet, which leads to a lack of vitamins A, B, C, and H, which also affects the hair. In this regard, it is recommended to add various vitamin supplements to your usual shampoo, which can be easily purchased at any pharmacy.
And one more tip: try to comb your hair as often as possible. So you will massage the scalp, while providing blood flow that carries oxygen and nutrients, and prevent the tangling of hair! Be beautiful and delightful this spring!
The fight against dehydration is a daily task, and one balm rinse is not enough. Leave-in creams, sprays or serums are suitable for every day. The main thing is their composition. It must necessarily include hyaluronic acid, glycerin, or urea.
An oil mask once a week is enough to restore the hydro-lipid balance of the hair sheet and repair damage to the keratin protection, but at the same time not to weigh the strands. When falling out, excess weight is undesirable.
We understand how pitiful it can be even two centimeters in length, but sometimes you need to decide on a haircut. Thinning and split ends indirectly affect the density of the hair. In the process of combing, they are difficult to unravel, the strands have to be pulled and pulled, and with a weakened root system, such a load is contraindicated. It is worth cutting the length a little – and the problem disappears, besides, hair with healthy tips looks much more aesthetically pleasing.