which resource management task deploys or activates personnel and resources
What is meant by human resource management? And what are the figures who deal with it? Here’s everything you need to know for a career in the industry.
Until recently, the goal of HR function of a company was the management of administrative procedures for employees. In fact, in the classic medium-large sized company of the twentieth century, the main factor of competitive advantage was physical capital, that is, the plants, machinery and buildings used for the production and sale of goods.
Global competition, the sophistication of technologies and the consequent centrality of knowledge have instead emphasized the role of human capital. Today the life of a company revolves around the people who are part of it, their skills and their ability to contribute to the achievement of business objectives.
For those in charge of personnel management, this has led to an expansion of their range of action. Today a HR manager can touch many and different aspects of the business: let’s see together what they are and what kind of skills are needed to operate at best in this sector.
Personnel Management: definition and activities
We can define the personnel Management as the set of all policies, the practices And systems implemented within a company to manage the behavior and performance of staff. Managing human capital effectively and efficiently means, in fact, positively affect the performance of the entire organization, both in terms of stability and productivity.
The main activities that make up the universe of personnel management are:
- Planning. It is the basic activity of a personnel management strategy. Through the planning process, the HR Managers identify, on the basis of the corporate objectives, which are the (human) resources the company already has and which, instead, those it must acquire externally;
- Recruiting and selection. IIt is the search for new resources on the job market. The selection process involves several steps: the definition of the advertisement on the basis of the profile sought, the choice of the channel (paper newspapers, websites, specialized agencies, social networks), the analysis of the CVs received, pre-employment assessment tests, the interviews and the choice of ideal candidate;
- Training and development. Training and using onboarding software for small business is one of the main drivers available to the company to remain competitive on the market. Sharing company objectives with employees and providing them, if necessary, with the appropriate skills to achieve them, is of crucial importance to guide the organization towards the expected results;
- Staff evaluation. It concerns the monitoring of employee performance and is a prerequisite for defining personnel incentive systems and identifying any weaknesses. At the end of the evaluation process, the improvement plan is drawn up, a document which indicates, where necessary, the actions to be implemented to improve the performance of the individual worker;
- Salaries. Once upon a time, this was an almost exclusively accounting business. Today, however, the activities related to the management of compensation are defined with the expression total reward. By total reward we mean the set of remuneration systems adopted by the company, with the aim of attracting and retaining people, motivating them and guiding their behavior towards company objectives;
- Labor Relations. It is the area in which two often opposing realities confront each other, the employer and the employee representatives (trade unions). The union relations officer oversees all activities related to compliance with collective agreements, pay, holidays, etc. and plays a key role in the event of disputes or corporate crises.
Personnel management therefore includes very different spheres of activity. For the responsibilities that these entail, obviously commensurate with the level occupied in the organization chart, the HR function offers numerous career options. Here are the essential skills for a career in human resource management.
Personnel management: the skills required
Whether you join as a recruiter, or as a training employee, or union relations specialist, to start a career in personnel management you need a right mix of humanistic culture And corporate. Personal aptitudes and the acquisition of specialized skills, in addition to the working context, will then determine any professional upgrades horizontally (by areas of activity) and vertically (by levels of responsibility).
To be successful in human resource management, in any field you decide to specialize, two factors They seem to be determinants.
The first is the formation. The greater complexity of roles, and the greater responsibilities associated with them, require continuously updated skills, and the ability to recompose specialist knowledge in an organic and coordinated overview. Training is also the key to staying in step with technological innovations. Personnel management is also incorporating digital transformation. Today, HR has an incredible amount of information, data and tools at their disposal with which they can attract new talents and enhance existing human capital.
The second factor is theinvestment in oneself. In order to aspire to the top of personnel management and of the company in general, it is necessary to cultivate leadership, negotiation skills and communication skills, which they exert so much influence in relationships with colleagues and superiors and in improving performance.
Precisely to provide the specialized skills necessary to cover top positions in personnel management, Professional Datagest organizes the Executive Master in Human Resources Management and Development. With classroom lessons with a marked practical cut, conducted by professionals with experience in large Italian and multinational companies, this consolidated training course addresses the main tools of human resource management in the areas oforganization, from the business strategy, of the recruitment and of selection, from the industrial relations and of negotiation, of the development organizational and of information and communication technologies.
Furthermore, thanks to self-assessment activities, an individual coaching path and experiential training in outdoor training, the Master helps participants to train and enhance transversal skills, acting as a career accelerator for anyone who aspires to raise their professional position in the Human Resources sector.
Visit site for more useful and informative articles!
One thought on “which resource management task deploys or activates personnel and resources”
Pingback: Tips On Keeping & Motivating Employees - Digital Global Times